Purpose of job
Responsible for capturing, controlling and releasing product configuration information for Locations, Systems, Hardware, Software and Firmware at all stages of the lifecycle. Ensures Configuration data and documents relating to various stages of the lifecycle is related, valid and fit for purpose at all times coordinating the configuration change control forums. Creates and distributes various configuration management information describing configuration status. Uses and administrates various CM tools to perform the processes.
Head of Business Assurance
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
At Atlas Elektronik UK, we support our staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
Person specification (knowledge, skills and experience)
- In depth understanding and proven experience of application of CM Standards (Def Stan 05-57/EIA-649/ISO10007/ICM CMII/Atlas Elektronik CM Standard)
- Experience of working with CM tools particularly Team Centre, JIRA and MANTIS
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of performing and managing CM processes throughout the full product/system lifecycle within a design and production engineering environment
- Knowledge and experience of managing Contractors and Suppliers CM interfaces
- Be conversant and experienced in the use and implementation of CM tools for managing Product Data, Asset Data, Requirements, Documents, Drawings, and CAD systems
- In depth knowledge of the System/Product Lifecycles (for System, Application, HW, SW, FW)
- Support CM Team Lead and SDA in Identification, capture and release of design & technical information
- Create and maintain baseline(s) of product configuration information for all lifecycle stages
- Perform gap analysis on baseline status for planned baseline release and governance gates
- Support the design change control process forums scheduling ECR/ECN approval as required (internal & external)
- Ensure that all ECR/ECN submissions meet defined quality and completeness criteria prior to approval
- Provide guidance on the creation and progression of ECR/ECN change vehicles for all stages of the change process
- Create and maintain Configuration Status Accounting and Configuration Items Lists records
- Administer and provide user support to the project/product team with respect to the PLM tool and CM processes
- Support and/or carry out PCA & FCA
- Support the Configuration Team Lead with planning, management, audit and assessment activities when requested in support of the Configuration Management Working Group
- Retains or archives technical information when required and ensures the security and future availability of the information for the organisation
Company Values and Behavious
- Inspirational leadership
- Strategic orientation
- Business excellence
- Thrive on change
- Ensure accountability
- Certified Member of the Institute of CM or similar
- Six Sigma or similar business improvement qualification/training
- Educated to Degree or HND/HNC level or relevant experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB